Yes, we've decided to build our own platform and products for IoT - under a new brand, which will definitely disrupt the industry pretty soon.
In this specific post I would like to cover one of the key features delivered by Leantegra for the commercial indoor space. We call it "Wireless Fusion for Smart Indoor Space".
So what is Wireless Fusion in the context of Leantegra solutions? - It is about combining several wireless technologies and related applications in a single "product box":
- Indoor RTLS - positioning and navigation based on the wireless technologies.
- Wireless Analytics - tracking and analyzing all radio signals for marketing or operational efficiency purposes.
- Location-aware and Context-aware Marketing - both pull and push marketing utilizing the innovative customer engagement scenarios and the targeted content distribution.
- RFID and Proximity Identity - radio identification technologies can go further than the standard EPC passive tags.
- Real-time Traffic Mapping - remote monitoring of the foot traffic and the mobile assets in your buildings using a nicely looking 2D/3D map view.
- Real-time Search and Discovery - find products, equipment, personnel or customers using the wireless technologies and the real-time information indexing.
There is a tremendous value in this combination and hundreds of next-generation IoT applications, which can be built on top of this foundation. You can take a look at the list of use cases and venues on our web site.
The main enabling component for all these features is a device called PowerBeacon - our product and an important part of Leantegra Platform. Yes, its name is derived from the beacon devices utilizing iBeacon technology for the proximity marketing features. And we do have iBeacon in the box as well.
Some pictures of the current design for this device:
Overall PowerBeacon device combines the following three wireless technologies:
- Ultra-wideband (UWB) - innovative wireless technology operating in 3.5 GHz - 6.5 GHz frequencies. High precision for the indoor positioning - up to 10-15 cm.
- Wi-Fi - supporting 802.11ac and b/g/n, both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Bluetooth - BR/EDR, LE and iBeacon.
All of them are fully managed, configurable and connected to the application layer, which delivers all the above Wireless Fusion features - both locally using the wireless connectivity to the user devices and remotely using the cloud PaaS/SaaS.
The device itself is powered over PoE and has several other useful connectivity options for the extended functionality.
We're currently in the middle of our hardware and software development, but definitely looking forward to show a nice demo pretty soon! Stay tuned!